EquiLearn Virtual Roundtable: discussion of a five-week Hmong and Latinx Summer Institute for bilingual high school youth (YPAR study).
About this Event
This EquiLearn Virtual Roundtable will highlight the outcomes of a five-week Hmong and Latinx Summer Institute for bilingual high school youth with/out learning disabilities. Youth will discuss their experiences conducting research with the support of adults. Additionally, youth will highlight what their call to action means for educators and administrators.
In this virtual roundtable, participants will:
• Discover a youth-centered vision for community change and equity
• Learn about youth disseminating their research findings
• Listen to youth discuss their experiences working as researchers
Participants are encouraged to:
• Consider youth data as a valuable equity tool for school change
• Understand the barriers Youth of Color face in the Midwest
• Understand how to better support youth organizers