Audience: District Leaders, School Board Members, Education Stakeholders
FOLLOW THIS EVENT ON SOCIAL MEDIA #MAPELI2019 AND #MAPEQUITY!
Equity Leaders Institutes are transformative two-day learning experiences intended to increase participants’ capacities to advance and sustain equitable practices in teaching and learning.
Moving Beyond Critical Reflection to Critical Action: Policy and School Governance
This year’s institute focuses on collaborative learning towards advancing educational equity via policy making and governance.
Following this two-day intensive learning experience, you will be able to:
- Identify a strong rationale for centering equity in policymaking and governance.
- Showcase state and/or local education agencies leading successful equity efforts in the Center’s region.
- Examine the role of school boards and district leadership in facilitating and leading the creation of vision, mission, and policy/systemic goals such that all students benefit regardless of race, sex, national origin, religion, or socioeconomic status, etc.
- Discuss obstacles and avenues for collaboration among school board members, and between school boards and districts leaders in advancing educational equity via policy making and governance.
- Plan for centering equity in decision-making across policy domains in advancing educational equity.
Accepting Applications until July 19, 2019
Early Bird Registration Fee: $170.00 (April 1 - June 30, 2019)
Standard Registration Fee: $190.00 (July 1 - August 2, 2019)
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Audio Amplification
- Additional accommodations upon request