2022 Equity Leaders Institute
Fortifying Ourselves and the Work Toward Education Justice: Attending to the Mental Health of Educators and Students
Date: September 8-9, 2022
Location: Virtual Online (No Fee)
This Institute is designed to facilitate participants’ understanding of key components and practices that support mind-body wellbeing of the people – both students and adults – within our educational systems by:
- Critically examining and deconstructing models of trauma-informed practices.
- Discussing de-pathologizing responses to trauma and exploring actions for building awareness of liberatory understandings of wholeness.
- Connecting the impact of adult understandings of wholeness and its pedagogical influence on youth in school communities.
- Describing how applying features reflecting pedagogies of wholeness can critically (re)frame mental health supports in schools.
- Showcasing a SEA or LEA leading successful equity efforts in the Center's region.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Educators and education stakeholders who lead or support the advancement of educational equity in public PreK-12 education systems; in particular, school counselors, social workers, district and building leaders, and classroom educators. Participants should have foundational knowledge about equitable practices and actively support systemic change towards educational equity in their local spaces. Due to the virtual nature of the event, there is no registration fee for this year.
Application and Registration are now closed.
Zoom auto live captions
Communication access real-time translation (CART) available upon request
Alt-text image descriptions in presentation
PDF files of all presentations available before the event [alternate formats available upon request]
Additional accessibility supports will be provided upon request at least two weeks in advance of the event date(s) (call 317-278-3493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).